The Grand Baby Fair wasn’t called grand for nothing. Yesterday’s preview sale opened with a sheer volume of shoppers eager to score good deals on mom and baby items. And why shouldn’t they? This fair only comes once a year!
Lonq queues to the cashier have started forming a few hours after doors of Megatrade Halls 1-3 opened to Mom card and BDO credit card holders.
On it’s 8th year, the @babycompanyph #GrandbabyFairYear8 continues to showcase well-curated brands and services, informative talks from celebrity moms and experts, raffle prizes and the big swag bag which contains freebies from brand partners.
The entire Megatrade Halls were transformed into one galaxy complete with stars, space crafts and astronauts.
The said fair will run until the 28th of January.
Here are some tips to make the most out of your shopping experience:
1. Do not forget to bring your Mom card to avail of the swag bag which you can get for a minimum spending of 5k pesos in a single receipt transaction. You need to claim the swag bag on the same day. Only one swag bag can be redeemed per Mom card holder.
2. If you have the time, check out the brands’ social media accounts as they post updates on the sweet deals. Some brands even allow reservation of the items.
3.The best time to be at the fair is during the opening hour which is at 10 am. Less crowd, items are organized and stacked properly (clothes and toys are usually already in disarray near closing time) and there are less chances of merchandise being out of stock.
4. Make a checklist of items. Ok, I know you will chance upon interesting items which are very tempting to buy. Go ahead but it will be nice if you have a list to help get you started. Having a list helps you stick to your budget, too.
5. Don’t bring the kids and or child with you. If you can’t avoid it, do babywear (if applicable). Maneuvering a stroller on crowded aisles is a bit of challenge – add to that, pushing another cart filled with your items. A huge pack of diapers would have already consumed that much space in your trolley. Also, it would be difficult to shop having one eye on your belongings and the other, on your child. If you can’t leave your child behind, make sure you bring water and snacks. There are drinking water stations strategically located in the area should you need to hydrate. Should you get hungry from all that shopping, there are food booths inside the halls.
6. Bring a shopping companion with you. There are times when you need to go back to get more of that pocket-sized baby wipes or at the last minute you suddenly remembered that your baby’s linens need some changing but you cannot because you wouldn’t want to go back to the end of the line again or you’re too shy to ask the person next in line to look out for your things. But if you have someone with you, this should not be a problem. Other pros are: you can have someone to compare notes with or when in doubt, you have someone to consult with. Add to that, it wouldn’t be such a bore to brave the long lines compared to when you’re alone.
7. Check out the activities happening that day. Don’t miss out on the fun. You can learn a thing or two from the talks from celebrity moms and experts. You can participate in games and win some really exciting prizes. Other participating brands have their own contests, too in their booths.
8. Wear comfy footwear.
Check out the cool deals from the Grand baby Fair:
Brace yourself for the long lines….
Should you get hungry from all that shopping, there are food booths in the area.